Humphrey the Parrot

Days in the life of a Princess Parrot/Princess of Wales Parakeet

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Car trouble

Phew... What a night I've had. Martin and Michele took me in Martin's dad's car. We were going to Martin's mom and dad's, where we sometimes go on Sundays (well, they always go, but they sometimes take me too). Well, I was in my cage (which I'm not too fond of) in the car, with a cover over. All of a sudden the car started shaking and sputtering. I was frightened! Then it stopped and Michele and Martin got out to push. Martin's dad tried to start it again but it wouldn't start, but all these bad smells started coming in the car. Now, I'm a bird so I have sensitive lungs! Michele cares a lot about me, so she knows this. She dragged my cage out of the car and sat on the sidewalk with me, in the middle of Deptford! Now I trust Michele's judgement, but I was frightened. Luckily, Michele took me in a cab and left Martin and his dad to deal with the car. Soon I was warm and out of my cage, eating seeds and shredded carrot, being admired by Martin's mum and sister. All's well that ends well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home