Humphrey the Parrot

Days in the life of a Princess Parrot/Princess of Wales Parakeet

Friday, October 01, 2004

The best toy ever

I just got the greatest toy ever the other week, so I had to write about it. I have a whole box of toys, some I love, some I like, and some I can't be bothered with, but this toy shines above them all for one simple reason: seeds! It has seeds in it! It's a big yellow block of square shaped wood with holes all over. In each hole, there are yummy sunflower seeds stuffed in. If you work really, really hard, you can get the seeds out and eat them. And that's just what I do. The first day I had it, I worked on it for a while, and suddenly I realised I'd been at it for 2 hours! God, I love that toy. You don't get many seeds out of it, but it's strange - for some reason I am compelled to keep working at it. As if working for the seeds is the fun of it. Who am i kidding? It's the seeds that make it great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home