Humphrey the Parrot

Days in the life of a Princess Parrot/Princess of Wales Parakeet

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Good news, bad news

First the bad news: Michele has gone back to work. She's been home with me all summer. I really got used to her being around during the day! We had a nice routine going - she'd wake up, wake me, give me my breakfast, make herself some coffee. Then she'd drink coffee while I eat my breakfast. Then she'd turn on the television and we'd watch Judge Judy together. I'd fly over and land on the laptop where she'd be reading salon.com while she watched & drank coffee. No more! She had to go back to work. She's a teacher. She explained to me that she has to work to pay for my food and toys.

Now for the good news: Martin is working at home 3 days a week! Just when Michele will no longer be here, now Martin will! Even better: Michele has off on Thursdays, so all three of us will be home that day! Still, I'm a parrot and I like routine, so it's a lot to get used to. Mind you, I have all my wings now so I'm enjoying flying around the flat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home